Just wanted to drop you all a note saying that I am forging ahead with my plans to turn Celsius Game Studios into something more than a hobby in my spare time. I really do love creating video games and I’ve been thinking about making my own company to do this for over 12 years now, it’s unfortunate it took me this long to stop being afraid about “what if it doesn’t work” and just realize it’s more important to get out there and kick some ass and do awesome things. I’ll be spending the next few months easing out of my current job before I can fully spin up the turbines at Celsius. However I have started pre-planning my next title, which you will find out about soon enough 😉
I still have a lot of hard work ahead of me, business plans, and funding and all that crazy scary stuff, but rest assured this is the real deal. I just wanted to let everyone know that awesome things are in the pipes, but that I have a lot on my plate right now so I hope you’re understanding while I work on them all at the same time.
To that effect I wanted to say that I’m still working on the 1.1.0 update for Chromodyne, and it will be out Real Soon Now.
Things that will definitely be in the update:
- Improved game timing, reducing the time between a match being made and the play field being active again
- 3D lighting has been improved
- Cutscenes are now skippable
- Improved load times slightly and added spinner when loading
Things that I’m currently working on for the update, which will hopefully make it in:
- Alternate control style, currently testing a few final candidates
- Online leaderboards, working on securely transmitting scores
Until next time!